Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Sometime in the past...

 The soft touch of the grass drenched in dew

The liquid touch of raindrops on the face

The hard solidarity of the rock

On which one stands to view the waves.....

I saw them all.

I felt them all.

When?

Sometime in the past.

The Google Photos may know-

I can't recall.


The day I stood on the beach,

And seemed to get sunken in the sand,

As the waters receded, caressing my feet-

The day I stood on the top of a hill,

And embraced an entire town

With my open arms....

When?

Sometime in the past.

Facebook knows it, the Memory

Popped up the other day...!

I can't recall.


The idle ramblings of a tired mind-

The floating images in front of eyes-

When was the last time I felt alive?

When was the last time I slept

Without the hurry of waking up?

Was it sometime in the past?

Was it sometime the other day?

Does Google know it?

Does Facebook show it?

No, I guess so.

But there used to be such a time

In the past...in a dream.. in some trance...

The moments flickered, and...got lost!

Impossible to retrieve!

No comments: