Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Time, lines for you

 Time, you were plenty in childhood.

I could close my fist and have you in it,

Forever for me, forever under my control!


Time, you were in your high spirits

In my youth, I could carry you on my shoulders, 

And you will run with me

As a friend, always beside me!


Time, in my middle age,

Overworked, overburdened, I plead

With you to take me with you,

Yet you elude, evade and run

Ahead of me, I cannot keep pace.


In my old age, Time, will you sit with me

And have a cup of coffee?

We will talk our hearts out,

Blame each other, and love each other,

Like old mates...

You will hold my hand and take me on a ride

Through faded, half- forgotten alleys.

We will laugh, we will cry...together!

Time, I will have you then forever...

Forever as mine!!

No comments: